Saturday, February 9, 2013

The aftermath of storm Nemo


David and I were supposed to go to our friend's wedding in IL today, and sadly the storm prohibited us from traveling. It sounds like they are going to have a fantastic celebration, and we are very sad to be missing it! Instead of heading to the airport with a suitcase, we woke up this morning and headed to the sidewalk in snow gear carrying a shovel. We had to shovel a pathway just to walk the dogs! Ash actually proved that he was light enough to mostly prance through the top layer of the snow, which was pretty cute to watch. David and I shoveled for over 2 hours this morning and managed to "blaze" a way through the sidewalk area and made a small dent on the driveway. We'll have to go back out later and attack the driveway again before we can drive anywhere. Here are some pictures of our efforts: 

Notice the snow pile in the yard!!!


A picture of my trail blazing efforts 


At the edge of or property there was a snow drift taller than me that I had to break into. I'm standing on a lot of snow while shoveling, I basically dug myself a hole to stand in so I could start heading down the sidewalk. Unfortunately for us (at least in terms of snow storms), we have a corner lot - double the sidewalks to care for! 


Our cars are having a snow bath :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment