Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween fun! And a furry pumpkin & pig.

We hope everyone had a great Halloween night! One of the things we have loved (myself in particular) about living in Somerville is that we actually get lots of tricker treaters on Halloween! I grew up in a pretty rural area of Vermont and we were lucky to get a few neighborhood kids visiting, if that. So last night I cooked dinner and David and I carved pumpkins when he got home from work. We roasted the pumpkins seeds too!






















Our tenants upstairs were even more into the holiday spirit than we were! They had lots of decorations up inside their apartment, a pumpkin for each of them, and one of them was wearing a pumpkin sweatshirt while opening the door. The decorations on our door were made by my cousins Ella and Olivia.


Katie came over just as we were finishing our pumpkin masterpieces, and the three of us took turns answering the doors for all of the kids in the neighborhood. Katie brought some masks and hats for us to wear while we answered the door, but we only did this a couple of times because we were never prepared when the tricker treaters knocked! Ash and Pepper were dressed for the occasion though, thanks to some costumes Harvie and Susan found at a garage sale.





While eating dinner we decided to watch "Corpse Bride." When I was a kid we often would watch the "Nightmare Before Christmas" on Halloween so I had gone looking for a similar movie to watch that I hadn't seen a bajillion times. It was entertaining! We of course made sure to gorge ourselves on Halloween candy while we watched. We finished off the night with a family photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment