David's mother has been cutting his hair his entire life and doing a fantastic job at it. While he was at Cornell it didn't matter that sometimes he'd go months without seeing his mom, he'd just cycle through a very trim look and a very bushy look. Since starting at Stroud, a regular haircut has been more important. Luckily, it has mostly worked out scheduling wise for his mom to cut his hair, with just a couple of trips to see this barber down the street (who he quite likes). Yesterday afternoon (David his home this week on vacation) David and I decided he needed a haircut, but instead of going to the barber he thought it would be a good opportunity to let me wield the scissors. Keep in mind that I have never given a person a haircut (other than a couple of really hack job ear trims on my uncle Chip). I have groomed the dogs (see blog post here), but I'm not quite sure that translates...
Anyway, I took a look at a video from a blog I read for some pointers, set up in the kitchen (my makeshift "grooming" studio), and got to work. It took me a bit longer than it takes his mom, and David is not known for his ability to sit for long periods of time. This is probably a good thing though, because if he had been a happy client to sit for hours I would have been much more focused on perfecting the cut. All in all the end result looked pretty good! I may have to make a few adjustments over the next day or so as I see straggling long pieces, but I'm satisfied with my first hair cutting attempt. Luckily, David thinks it looks "great" as well!
Front shot
Side shot


No comments:
Post a Comment