I was sent over the pond for a short two week stint to the UK, so Caroline decided to come and meet me in London for the weekend. She successfully navigated the tube (though she walked to the "trains" before realizing she wanted the "underground") and made it to where I was meeting her!
We haven't done a whole lot as I had work today and Caroline was pretty tired from her flight. We are in a swanky hotel that Stroud got a deal on. Our hotel was designed by the guy who designed the inside of the titanic! Hopefully we don't sink during the night.
Before London I was working in Hull, which is supposedly rated the 2nd worst place to live in the UK. It hasn't been too bad, and we have actually been staying at a 217 year old hotel. I think it might be showing its age though, as the place looks like it hasn't been updated since the 50s. We are staying somewhere else next week. However, It is pretty cool to walk out of the hotel every morning and see an old church directly in front of me! It reminds me how old England really is.




No comments:
Post a Comment