Six years ago today David and I had our first date. After a game of LIFE in my South Baker dorm room a couple of days before, David invited me to join him for his Jazz teachers concert on Valentine's Day. I said I would "think about it" and David responded "see you Monday". What nerve! Needless to say, I found this assumption both flattering and obnoxious. Even so.... I found myself texting David (with my old school phone, probably one of the first text messages I ever sent... makes me feel old!) and telling him I'd go. We met up at Willard Straight before the concert (the Cornell union) and I happened to arrive first. While I tried to look "cool" staring at the various magazines David came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. After the concert we sat outside my dorm room under the Baker Tower arch and talked for way too long - all I really remember is my toes going numb. And so it began....
To celebrate it all, David and I finished off our relaxing weekend in IL by going go kart racing with our Groupons and gorging ourselves on Mexican food and snickers. At the track David's fastest lap was 24 seconds and mine was 27. I might not have been as fast, but I shaved 3 seconds off my first lap times!


Looking towards the future, on Sunday both David and the Seller signed the P&S, and today they posted a "SOLD" sign! We are now waiting on the garage permit from the city, and working on the final details of the mortgage. The closing date is now scheduled for March 25th. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everything finishes up as planned, and looking forward to getting to work on the house!

No comments:
Post a Comment